Saturday, May 20, 2017

Fabulous chicks!


     Some of you may recall that I am a chicken fanatic.  My kitchen is covered in cluckers so when I saw this new set from Art Impressions called Spring Chicken, I was super excited.
     For this card I stamped the image and colored with my Gansai Tambi watercolors.  Next I cut the image out with an oval die.  I added some doodling around the edge for some "chicken scratch" and popped the frame up on some foam.  I adhered the image oval straight to the card base.


     Hope my cluckers gave you a chuckle today.
     Have a blessed weekend!
Tracy

Supplies:
Paper--Canson XL watercolor, Recollections
Stamps--Art Impressions "Spring Chicken set"
Ink--Versafine Black Onyx, Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors, Copic Multi-liner pen
Tools--MFT Die-namics Oval Stax 2 dies and Sentiment Strips dies


8 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Beautiful water-colouring of this fabulous image Tracy. Thanks for visiting my blog while I was away.
Lorraine

CaroleAnn said...

Your water coloring is beautiful on this and I am not familiar with that type of watercolors so I have to do a search. They look like it would be rich in color. The scratch marks around your card are priceless - big smile!!!!

Geri Neumann said...

Oh my....look at these chicks. They're ready for a day of celebrating. Great water coloring and I love your "chicken scratch" border! Hugs, Geri

Ros Crawford said...

Hee hee ... there's as plump as this old bird! Love it Tracy!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh how fun!!!!

Lori said...

Your chicks are fabulous! Pretty watercoloring and love the addition of the "chicken scratch" doodle frame. I'm still smiling!

Audrey Pettit said...

I do love this stamp set! So fun!

Marilyn said...

This is such a fun card and I wouldn't mind being the 'chick' who got a gorgeous card like this.